The Malay market makes up a majority of Astro Radio’s total audience. Each of our Malay radio brands – ERA, SINAR, GEGAR and ZAYAN, cover a different segment within the wider Malay market demographic. Being in tune and aware of the type of content our audience consume allows us to create and tailor content that they would specifically enjoy.
Today, radio is no longer just FM broadcasting. We engage with our audience across multiple platforms, looking to create experiences not just on-air, but off-air as well. Here are some of the more recent content that we’ve developed for our Malay audience that integrates on-air, digital and on ground events.
ZAYAN Hijabstar with Max Fashion
- 18 - 34 year olds
- Modern Muslims
- Interested in latest fashion, technology, entertainment and lifestyle
What is the campaign?
- ZAYAN, as a modern Muslim radio station, was on the look out for a HijabStar icon, a talented woman with a beautiful personality while at the same time remain a devout Muslimah.
- For this campaign, we worked with Max Fashion, an international fashion brand that has recently entered the Malaysian market. They were looking to increase brand awareness among Malaysians.
How did we run it?
- On air: Frequent mentions on air via pre-promo, promo and sweepers every 15 mins during the campaign period.
- Digital: Audition submissions were done via Instagram. The campaign was also promoted on ZAYAN’s official social media pages and the announcer’s pages as well.
- On ground: To increase footfall at our client’s stores, we had initial auditions and the final event at 2 different Max Fashion retail stores. Max Fashion also featured their clothing on the contestants during the final fashion show.
What was the results?
- 17,362 views on FB Live stream of the grand finale
Tukang Karut GEGAR Deeja
- 15-40 year olds
- Rural East Coast Malays
- Interested in entertainment, news and pop culture
What is it?
- Dikir Barat is an art form is widely practiced in Kelantan which involves singing in groups – often in a competitive setting.
- As the number 1 station in the East Coast, GEGAR has decided to put a modern twist to it to search for the best Tukang Karut in Malaysia – done as rap battle.
- For this campaign, we worked with Deeja Cosmetic, a local cosmetic brand looking to tap into the East Coast market.
What did we do?
- o On Air: Cutting the clutter via frequent and constant mentions / messages via Pre-Promo, Promo, Live Liners etc. For the semi-finals, we also had the battle on air during our GEGAR Pagi segment.
- Digital: Videos and posts via GEGAR’s social media pages increased engagement with fans and increased campaign awareness.
- On Ground: To complete the campaign, we had an event for the grand finale where finalists had to compete in 4 battle rounds. Deeja Cosmetic also had a booth where they sold products, conducted sampling, and had a meet and greet session with attendees.
What was the results?
- 30,000 views on FB Live stream of the grand finale